Thursday, December 07, 2006

Tacky, tacky, tacky

I was happy to see this morning's edition of the Telegraph address those blow-up holiday decorations. "Tacky or Terrific?" was the headline. In my world, there's not much tackier! I mean, where did these things come from? What happened to candles in the windows, lights on the house, maybe some ornaments hanging from the blue spruce in the front yard or a star on the roof representing the star (or comet) the Wise Men followed?
I was driving around the weekend after Thanksgiving and told someone "It looks like the Christmas Spirit threw up" as I passed one yard where every plastic figure and inflatable do-dad in existence has popped up on the lawn. Think I'm exagerating? Take a drive. Make a list of the tackiest decorations you see and send it to me - or better yet, take a picture and e-mail it to the Houston Peach! houstonpeach@macontel.com
--Misty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think many times parents use the inflateable Christmas decorations for their children, in which case I think it's cute.
Otherwise, I'm not a fan.

Anonymous said...

Misty,

I came across your article for tacky Christmas decorations and wanted to share my website. It is based out of Richmond, Virginia, but now that I'm loving in Atlanta I hope to list big tacky decorations throughout Georgia. It's a fun site, check it out when you have a chance. www.TackyLightTour.com

Sincerely,
Matt Burgess
Founder, TackyLightTour.com