Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tabula Rasa

It means "blank slate" and I've decided it's why I love babies. New baby, new life, no bad habits, no mistakes, just pure potential.
A friend just had a baby boy, and I couldn't wait to hold him. And I couldn't figure out why. After all, given the choice I am adopting an older child. But the more I watched him, the more I thought about this little life with nothing on his slate but love. He could do anything, become anything. He hasn't got any marks "against him" yet. How cool is that?
Almost as cool as the look on his dad's face every time he holds his new son.
-Misty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know though, one of the greatest things about life and forgiveness is that no matter what mistakes and bad choices we have on our slate, we can start all over again tomorrow and make better choices. God wipes our slate clean and allows us to change our lives. I think that's pretty cool, too!