Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Great gift for both of us

There was such joy in Faith's voice last week as I laid out my jewelry for the next day. "Mommy, that's the necklace I made!" She recognized the bronze-colored glass beads and silver accents that she strung together for my last birthday. My gift consisted of the necklace, matching earrings and bracelet. I wear it with pride, an emotion Faith shares when she sees it on me. Daddy had a stroke of genius last fall and took her to a local bead store to work on Mommy's present. I'm not sure how long it took, or how much it cost, but it was a very thoughtful gift. The ladies at "Bead me Up" were very helpful steering Faith in the right direction, he said. She has made me necklaces before, and although I wore them, the string and plastic beads had a homemade quality that wouldn't grace the covers of fashion magazines. This ensemble was a gift that Faith enjoyed making and I really enjoy wearing. Daddies are you listening? Mother's Day is Sunday.
- Liz Fabian

No comments: