Tuesday, May 15, 2007

a hard act to follow

It took me a couple of days to get through the "wow" factor of Liz's bunny post. Some things, when you read them, just hit you and stick.
I keep thinking about how many times a week (sometimes a day) I call my mom just to ask a quick question, pick her brain, or tell her about something Daniel has done. And her help right after my surgery in December was a Godsend. I guess even with four states between us, we're close.
I hope I'm cultivating the same kind of relationship with Daniel. We spent the weekend stuck in the house together with the stomach bug that's going around, and for the first time, we didn't have a fight, and he didn't get in trouble, all weekend. We watched movies. drew pictures, read books and he played trains while I scrapbooked. It was a glimpse of what could be - a great relationship between parent and child.
--Misty

No comments: