Friday, July 21, 2006

It's Daddy's day

I don't think there's ever been greater anticipation of my husband's birthday since the actual day he was born. Faith has been so looking forward to today. She has planned a big event, although I'm not privy to everything she has in store. First she wanted to get out her Easy-Bake oven for a repeat of last year's fabulous cake. (Have you noticed how expensive the mixes are?) Because I don't feel like shelling out big money for a little cake and I'll be really busy getting ready for a baby shower I'm hosting tomorrow, I've convinced her the little microwave brownie mix her grandmother bought would do just fine. She's also taken her popsicle sticks and created a masterpiece frame - although I'm not sure how you keep a picture in it. The treasure is wrapped and hidden somewhere in the living room. Now she's planning to serve us dinner tonight. She wants me to wear a ball gown and my husband to don his tuxedo. Matt's told me that she's been asking him what she should wear to serve us. I wonder if it's going to be a second helping of the watermelon/pickle lunch she served a couple of years ago. Now she's "writing" out the menu. She's already asked how to spell lasagne, Sprite and wine. It's going to be a great day!
- Liz Fabian

No comments: