Friday, July 20, 2007

BillyBear4kids

I have been apalled at the deterioration of Daniel's handwriting since he finished preschool and stopped daily practice. I tried for a while to get him to do "homework" while I cooked dinner, but he was more interested in helping me cook.
His optometrist suggested I start him on some mazes. "It doesn't matter whether he completes the maze or does it correctly." Dr. Simmons said. The practice of drawing between two existing lines will help keep his eyes tracking together, will improve his eye-hand coordination and will make his handwriting neater.
Sold!
So I found www.billybear4kids.com - and a bunch of printable mazes for the elementary school set. Check it out, and let me know what you think: Do your kids backslide noticably during the summer? Or do you get them to practice skills such as handwriting so they are ready when school starts again?
--Misty

No comments: