Thursday, March 30, 2006

feeling less than groovy

You already know I'm reading "The Girlfriends' Guide to Getting Your Groove Back," and I'm ready to act of some of Vickyy's advice (it's impossible to think of her as Mrs. Iovine after reading her writing). Then along comes that virus that has been making its way through the city and it lays me flat. I'm pretty sure that, from 6 p.m. Tuesday through 6 a.m. Thursday, I was conscious about four hours. Long enough to take Daniel to daycare, take care of some prepwork so someone else could do my job for the day, and dose and redose with Theraflu. Of course, my husband got it the same day. Why not? Fortunately, young Daniel has the constitution of a horse and has shown no signs of the misery we went through. And bless his little independent spirit, he spent yesterday afternoon and evening playing happily in the greenhouse with the dog. He calls it his rock room, because the floor is gravel. Just means I have to double-check all his pockets before doing laundry!
--Misty

No comments: