Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Busted

Busted

I knew writing this blog would come back to haunt me, but I didn't know how soon. It was about a year ago that I first noticed my daughter's shyness whenever I was talking about her. She was reluctant to hear me retelling the cute things she had done and said. Her face would flush and she'd try to hide.
Before signing on with Misty for the Moms Blog, I had a talk with Faith.I wanted to ask her permission to write about her because I didn't want her one day resenting her somewhat public upbringing. She gave me her approval and was really excited when I told her a photographer was coming to take our picture.
Faith enjoys looking at the paper and having the "funny papers" read to her. A couple of weeks ago on the way out the door, I grabbed the excerpts from our blogs that were printed in the paper and read it to Faith.
"Mommy, why did you want to tell everybody that?" she asked.It was obvious she was embarrassed. I'm back to square one, but at least I have some time until she can read it for herself.
- Liz

No comments: