Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Playplace funtime

With Chris' work schedule, he's up and gone before Daniel and I crack an eyelid, and he gets home about an hour before Daniel's bath-and-bedtime. So when he had to work a couple of weekends in a row, I suggested he take the middle of the day, pick up Daniel from Daycare, and take him to lunch. A little dad and boy time, you know? Well, I might never live it down. They had a blast! Two hours at the Burger King on Watson and Daniel talked about "my daddy took me to lunch" for three days. "I ate a cheeseburbur!" he anounced to grandma on the phone. And whenever we drive past now, he's all "that's where my daddy took me to lunch!" And I thought he lived for the times they work on cars together. Turns out the way to a little boy's heart really is through his stomach.
--Misty

No comments: