Thursday, April 27, 2006

Can she read my mind?

My husband insists he can be just thinking about giving our dog a bath when the dog will slink away and hide. Daniel the dog hates getting a bath. While I'm not yet convinced we have a clairvoyant canine, I'm beginning to wonder about our daughter. I remember one time when she was about three years old, she volunteered the location of a stuffed animal that I hadn't even told her I was searching for. Then the other day I really felt like she was reading my mind. On the way into a movie, I gave her some coins to buy some trinkets from the machines in the lobby. As we took our seats before the film started, I told Faith I would give her the rest of my quarters when we left the theater so she could try to get a "Princess Fiona" figure to match the "Shrek and Donkey" she purchased on the way in. About half way through the movie, I was
wondering whether she would remember my promise. The thought had barely left my consciousness before she spoke up and reminded me that I promised to hand over the coins. Coincidence? Let me think about it for a while and see if Faith has anything to say about it.
- Liz Fabian

No comments: