Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Plans change? Opt for a "Meltdown"

When I realized Faith was off from school Monday, I planned to take her along on a lunch date I had already arranged with a friend. Faith was so excited because she loves "Miss Laurie" as much as I do. Early that morning, Faith started planning her outfit with matching shoes and purse. But, plans changed and Laurie had to cancel. So, we opted for a "Meltdown." When I told Faith we could catch a matinee of the sequel to Ice Age, she was thrilled. I had enjoyed the first movie, but I do believe I liked "Ice Age: The Meltdown" even better. Manny the mammoth finds a mate,which is great news for Ray Romano, who does the talking. The plot gives the "Everybody Loves Raymond" star an opportunity to do what he does best, spar with the opposite sex. In this case, Ellie the mammoth is played by Queen Latifah. The high-energy film is punctuated by Scrat the squirrel, who is still hillariously hunting that elusive acorn. Plus there are some big Hollywood productions numbers in this film. While Roger Ebert didn't think grown-ups would like this movie as much as the kids, I wasn't the only adult in the audience who found it humorous. I guess we had the last laugh, Roger.

- Liz

No comments: