Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mother's Day blitz

Advertising for Mother's Day sales and specials finally permeated my consciousness yesterday. It kind of snuck up on me, because I am busy with other things right now. But as I listened to the ad, I thought, "I don't want the guys to BUY me something. I'd rather they clean the house!" So here are some (mostly inexpensive or free) Mother's Day gift ideas she's sure to thank you for. (Moms, pass this link on to your men, because it's mostly for them.)
1) Send her on vacation. I don't mean to a tropical island, but to the loacl park with a picnic basket and a paperback novel. Or to the movies. While she's gone, clean the house, do the dishes and the laundry, and cook dinner (or get take out).
2) Give her the afternoon off at home. So she's the type who prefers the house cleaned HER way. Take the kids out - to the park, to the movies, to grandma's. Leave mom at home for an afternoon of peace and quiet.
3) Detail her car. If you like, let JT's Madd do a sneak ambush at her workplace.
4) Hit her emotions. Gather up her favorite photos of the kids and get a small scrapbook. Add little notes from the kids, their handprints, funny things they say... You get the idea. A scrapbook doesn't have to be elaborate to pull at her heartstrings.
5) Spa day. My favorite - and the most expensive on the list (I'm high-maintenance like that). Even women who don't have acrylic nails like the pampering of a massage, manicure and pedicure - especially during sandal season.
So there you have it, five foolproof way to win mom's goodwill this mother's day - without fighting the crowd at the mall.
--Misty

No comments: