Monday, May 01, 2006

too big

Up to now, when Daniel has a bad dream and comes tip-toeing (like a box of rocks) into our room, I've just hauled him into the bed with us and gone right back to sleep. It has been kind of nice, having that little snuggle time first thing in the morning when we're all still sleepy. But physically, at least, he's too big for that anymore. I discovered this Saturday night, when I found myself kicked out of my own bed. I stood at the side and blearily gazed at my two guys sprawled across the blanket and mentally gave up. After all, there's a perfectly good double bed not in use in Daniel's room! So I finished the night out with Thomas the train and assorted teddy bears. And you know what? I slept great. But from now on, when the herd of elephants comes stumbling into my room at 3:30, he's going to get a quick hug and sent back to his own room.
--Misty

No comments: