Saturday, August 12, 2006

101 reasons not to go to bed

I thought I'd have more time before Daniel entered this phase. You know the one - you put the kid to bed, go through the ritual, tuck him in, and turn out the light. Five minutes later, it's I forgot to brush my teeth." An hour later, you're still going through the last glass of water, then the last potty visit, thgen another kiss goodnight. Then it's "where's my red truck?" or "teddy bear got lost" (under the covers) or "I want to sleep in your bed."
After spending two years trying to get him to sleep through the night, I had really hoped Daniel would settle into a human sleeping pattern. Instead he's up until "God knows when" and gets up at "oh my God, it's early." The pediatrician says "some people just don't need as much sleep as others." We'll see if that holds when he's a teenager.
--Misty

No comments: