Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"We didn't do anything fun"

When I was making a big deal over Faith's first day of school, she told me: "Mom, my first day of school was last year." Sure enough, she started Pre-K last year, but this was kindergarten. I told her that when her parents went to school, kindergarten was the very first day of our school careers. We didn't have pre-kindergarten. Before she left for school, she didn't mind posing for pictures, so I snapped a couple of quickies before she got on her way. Gone are the bangs from last year, her hair is a lot longer and her uniform is a little shorter. She seems so much more mature, but is she ready for the real world? When I asked her about her first day, she sounded disappointed when she said: "We didn't do anything fun. We only got to color a little right before we left." Wow. It is the real world.
- Liz Fabian

No comments: