Thursday, January 18, 2007

Dad's day

Chris called me a little while ago: "I don't know how you do it every morning," he said.
It was dad's day at preschool and Chris visited during small group time. He put puzzles together with Daniel and his little friends, and when it was time for him to leave, Daniel pulled out all the stops. Tugging on his leg. Crocodile tears. Honest-to-God wailing. "Go on," the teacher shooed Chris out the door. "He'll settle down as soon as you leave."
And I'm sure he did. How do I know? Because many a guilt-ridden morning I have slipped out the door to those big, sad eyes only to sneak to the window and watch my little actor turn on the sunshine and play happily, certain his guilt trip had ensured my return as soon as possible.
So dad got a dose of that this morning, and I'm sure there will be quality father-son time this evening. Good thing, too. I have a wedding cake to decorate.
--Misty

No comments: