Monday, February 19, 2007

I cannot tell a lie

President's Day has been no holiday. With Faith out of school and her parents' schedules on a collision course, we had to do some juggling. I must say we have been blessed in the scheduling department for years. One of us is usually able to step in to take care of her, but today there was no way around it. Many of our regular "keepers of the Faith" were either sick, stuck somewhere else or otherwise engaged. Thank goodness she was able to spend a couple of hours with her friend across the street. But beginning the day not knowing how I was going to handle her was pretty stressful. God bless those who are looking for childcare regularly. As for today, George Washington would have wanted me to be truthful in admitting it was really a bummer not being able to bum around with my girl on her day off. Monday holidays were really special for us when I was off, too. That's the only downside of working your schedule around school - when they're off you're still on.
- Liz Fabian

No comments: