Friday, March 02, 2007

Faith and the eye of the storm

Perching atop a storybook resting on a muddy pillow, was a Glenda the Goodwitch figurine rescued from the rubble of a Crawford County home. There's no telling where Dorothy rode out the storms that unleashed their fury across Central Georgia. Real cars were tossed about as if on a giant playroom floor, but this was no fun. I saw it all through the lens of a video camera today, but it was a colleague's photo that gave me the big picture. I wanted Faith especially to see what Grant Blankenship saw - and pause to consider the hurting children and their families who have seen their lives blown to smithereens.
I also want her to know how people are coming from all over to help strangers. I will tell her how victims are praising God that no one was killed and thanking Him for keeping them safe. Tonight when I tuck her into bed, we will remember those who have suffered and I will make sure Faith realizes that people can lose all they have and still have everything they need.
- Liz Fabian

1 comment:

misty said...

That's a sweet story - and a great lesson.