Monday, June 04, 2007

My friend, "flickers"

School has been out for a week and I bet parents are already looking for inventive ways to entertain their children. I just found a news release on the fax machine about Regal Cinema's Free Family Film Festival. Beginning June 5th, the theater on Tom Hill Sr. Blvd. in north Macon will be showing family films each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 10 a.m. The line-up for the first week includes "Curious George" and "Ice Age 2." Each day one "G" rated film is paired with a "PG" film which gives older children another option. While some of the flicks have been around a while, there are some newer films such as "Charlotte's Web" and "Over the Hedge." Kids meals are available, but seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. My experience in recent years is that the daycare centers have discovered the festival, too, so it's a good idea to arrive earlier than later. But this year, the films are offered for three days a week instead of two last year so there should be more room. Too bad for me that I'm working mornings this year, or I'd be there! Maybe I can arrange some play dates at the movies for Faith. I'll see if I can talk Daddy into taking her to "Curious George" tomorrow.
- Liz Fabian

No comments: