Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Love "one finity" times over

I'm not sure how it started, but Faith is always striving to love me more than I love her. I suppose it began when we'd stretch our arms out wide to show "we love you this much." Once she was able to stretch her arms completely backward to meet behind her back, she had to branch out to descriptions. Being the best mommy in the world was not enough. "You're the best mommy in all the planets," she said. She also says she loves me all the way to the sun and back. I'll often ask her: "Have I told you lately that I love you?" Now, when I tell her I love her, she always says she loves me more. My response is that she couldn't possibly. So, she's started using numbers. "I love you one hundred, one hundred," she said. So when she asked me how much I love her, my response was: "Infinity infinity." How could she top that? But she did. She told me she loved me "one finity times," and my heart melted into a puddle of her cuteness.
- Liz Fabian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a.......
..... precious tradition!
..... a blessing Faith is!
..... a wonderful thing that you've recorded these thoughts for us.
.... a treasure these recorded memories will prove to be for you both.
.... a special family you are!