Friday, June 09, 2006

Tick Tock Tricks

Can someone please tell me how to reset my daughter's internal clock?Obviously there's a malfunction somewhere. On school days, I had to practically pry her out of bed every morning by 7:30 a.m. Give her a weekend when we don't have to get up, and she comes bounding into our
room before 7 a.m. I've tried lowering her window shades, but that's no guarantee she'll sleep in. During school, I would raise her shades and turn on the light hoping she'd awaken naturally, but again no guarantees. She's always in a much better mood when she wakes up by herself as opposed to me waking her up.Now that summer's here, we've been letting her stay up later so she's finally sleeping later. But now it's time for vacation Bible school and I'm back where I started. Of course she's been on a no-school-night schedule recently and has been up really late. Last night we resumed the school-night schedule and she was up with the sun all cheery and bright - a full hour before we had to get up!
- Liz Fabian

No comments: