Monday, September 18, 2006

life lessons part II

I'm secretly thrilled whenever someone calls me a good mom. Especially if they do so behind my back.
I overheard Daniel's pediatrician talking to his intern one time and he called me a good mom. I floated for a week. And Friday, Daniel's pre-K teacher said to me I had done something she wished "more parents would do." Here's the story:
Daniel was a real handful Thursday night. Whined and wailed and generally threw a fit until 10:30. Would not be consoled, cajoled or threatened into going to bed quietly. And when he woke up Friday, it was more of the same.
Well, as we all know by now, Firday is show and tell day. So when he came out of his room clutching something with wheels to take to school with him, I cut him off at the pass. "You ahve been a very bad boy last night and this morning. Mommy will pick the toy you take to school today."
You should have seen his face.
But he was good in school and good that night at home. So life lesson learned: bad behavior will likely come back to bite you in the butt.
--Misty

No comments: